Monday, October 27, 2014

ponder

Particles
http://coub.com/view/3pz2t (check the HD button…)

You spoke about the sadness of death as it comes from forgetting, and I thought of the time I took the week long vow of silence and on the fourth day all the poems came through, the most beautiful poems I might ever write, and I had neither pen nor paper nor even tongue to memorialize them, but had to let them speak in me and almost instantly dissipate, to be lost forever, forgotten and heard by none. And yet on the fifth day I knew that their beauty mattered neither less nor more for not having been memorialized; they simply were at the moment they were, and nothing more. What it means to overcome the sadness of death is simply this: to know every thing one sees, hears, and speaks – every sky every person every word – cannot ever be memorialized, but must be left to the moment it comes and nothing more.